Thursday, May 31, 2012

Some more great Quotes

Was cruising the blogging world and found some great quotes to share....



I tried to teach my child with books.
He gave me only puzzled looks.
I tried to teach my child with words.
They passed him by often unheard.
Despairingly, I turned aside.
"How shall I teach this child?" I cried.
Into my hand he put the key
"Come," he said, "play with me."
-      Unknown




"I really am your gift. I am not just a little person who needs to be "raised" and taught, and taken to activities...I came to the people in my life to bring a message: slow down. Feel. Be. Over and over again. When you do, you will notice immediately, that I am not an obstacle to your work, or inconvenient to your daily life. Instead, you will come to appreciate my honesty, humor, presence and love." - Bruce Scott

“Motherhood is about raising and celebrating the child you have, not the child you thought you would have. It's about understanding that he is exactly the person he is supposed to be. And that, if you're lucky, he just might be the teacher who turns you into the person you are supposed to be.”
 - Joan Ryan

“Treat me exactly as you would want me to treat you - exactly. Do not punish me ever. Teach me. Hold me. Love me. Trust that I, just like you, want to do what is right. Help me understand what I don’t know. Don't call me names, or label me or compare me, or make me compete for anything. Help me cooperate and collaborate. Be the example for me.” – Bruce Scott

“A person’s a person no matter how small” – Dr. Seuss


“Whatever they grow up to be, they are still our children, and the one most important of all the things we can give to them is unconditional love. Not a love that depends on anything at all except that they are our children.” – Dickson



Children Are...




Amazing,cherish them.
Believable, trust them.
Childlike, let them.
Divine, respect them.
Energetic, nourish them.
Fallible, embrace them.
Gifts, unwrap them.
Here Now, be with them.
Innocent, delight in them.
Joyful, appreciate them.
Kindhearted, join them.
Lovable, love them.
Magical, fly with them.
Noble, esteem them.
Open-minded, hear them.
Precious, treasure them.
Questioners, encourage them.
Resourceful, support them.
Spontaneous, enjoy them.
Talented, believe in them.
Unique, affirm them.
Vulnerable, protect them.
Whole, recognize them.
Xtraspecial, celebrate them.
Yearning, notice them.
Zany, laugh with them.

© Meiji Stewart.

No comments:

Post a Comment