Saturday, April 14, 2012

My new blog life

When I started on this educational journey in January, I also started on a journey of reading blogs.  I am now subscribed to (I think) 16 blogs all about teaching preschool and the ideas that they develop - or borrow - and how they worked in the classroom.  Working with 2- and 3-year-olds can be hard in that their developmental levels are so varied.  Books do not always provide the ideas that work, since they are focused on the text-book child that doesn't exist.  So you need to check some of these out.

teaching2and3yearolds.blogspot.com
Sand and Water Tables at http://tomsensori.blogspot.com/   He has some great videos of kids playing in his tables!
Another favorite  at  http://www.toddlerapproved.com/ 
I also need to say thanks to some of my new colleagues!  We are finishing our 2nd class on our way to receiving a masters in early childhood studies.  I an excited about continuing this journey with you!
Angie's Early Childhood Blog
Childhood Blog Blog Blog!
Developing Early Childhood
Early Childhood Education in the 21st Century
Southern Soul Rising
MusicWithMoss
stuckngermany
 
Oh ... and then there is pinning.... but we won't go there.  So between my school work, teaching and lesson planning, being a mom and wife, I have found time to blog and pin.   Ahhh, the world of technology!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Amy,

    I hear ya about the new blog life! I am enjoying every moment of this part of learning. I liked the ability to share, post, receive feedback and learn from others. I must say it was a pleasure working with you this semester, and I really look forward reading your blog in the near future.

    All the best,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy! I have also enjoyed this second course. Hope to see you in another, if not, I will be sure to check back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing you newly found blog sites. They do offer wonderful information. I look forward to working with you in future classes as well. God bless your friends for the work they are doing in Malagasy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of "Teaching 2 and 3 year olds. Everyday is unique with preschoolers!" The blogging world is new for me too but i must say I too am enjoying my blogging adventure. It has been nice reading your blogs. Thank you for sharing. Best of luck with the rest of your journey as a Walden student.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy- I have enjoyed reading your posts each week. It has been an exciting eight weeks in this class. I look forward to working with you again in the future. I wish you the best of luck. I too was unfamiliar with blogging until the beginning of this program. I really enjoy doing it though. I guess it is similar to the days of writing in a diary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your fun and innovative resources! I have enjoyed following your blog and discussion posts. I look forward to seeing you in other classes down the road :)

    ReplyDelete